WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF VACUUM PACKING AND HOW WE CAN PREVENT FOOD FROM CROSS-CONTAMINATION?
What is a vacuum packing?
Vacuum sealer or vacuum packaging machine is a specialized machine that is used for vacuum food package. You can read the vacuum sealer reviews 2016 to more understand about vacuum sealer.
So what is vacuum method and why we should use a vacuum sealer to pack food?
– Vacuum packaging is a common method that is used to preserve food, pharmaceutical, medical and seafood… It helps to extend storage usage.
– In addition, method of vacuum packaging is used to protect the products (not food) such as goods, important papers and electronics… to minimize the impact of environmental.
Method of vacuum packaging:
– Vacuum packaging is a method of using a vacuum packaging machine to remove oxygen in the products out of the package and preventing the oxidation process.
– Vacuum packaging can extend the usage date of food products more 3 – 5 times than usual. This method makes the growth of bacteria slowly. This method also eliminates bacteria that causes odor and keeps the product out of mold and insects.
– Vacuum environment can keep the moisture of food, normal color of the food and prevent product being damaged by freezing but it also keeps the humidity for dry food.
– Packing by method of removing air helps to increase the usage date of all products, color retention and keep longer taste and fresher food.
Besides this method also help us to save more space for storage, ease to move and use.
Comparison table of preserving by vacuum packing and preserving by normal way
What is cross-contamination?
Bacterium and virus is considered as “the hitchhiker” to move from that place to other place. Every time we do not pay attention, the cross-contamination occurs. The final results can lead to poison of food.
How the bacterium transfers to other place?
When bacterium and virus is transferred from a dirty place to another clean surface, the cross -contamination will occur. The bacterium and virus can be transmitted from humans, the surface of the device workplaces and other food. One of the clearly reasons that transfer bacterium from uncooked food to available food is hand. When you touch raw food, dirty cutting boards, knives, bacterium from these things will be transfer to other food. Therefore, you should store raw food and cooked food separately.
How to store raw food and cooked food?
Raw foods, such as poultry, meat or fish must be preserved in a plastic box or container or you can store it to the bottom compartment of the refrigerator to keep it not contact with the other available food. The other available food should be carefully wrapped before storing in the refrigerator to minimize the risk of cross-contamination.
After reading this article, do you understand the importance of preservation? If you not preserve food in the right way, food can be cross-contamination and it will cause some bad effects on your health.